Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Rose Illuminated

I recently had no choice but to update my camera body from a Nikon D3100 to a  D5200 after the former broke in an unfortunate accident.  Since having my new body, I have been experimenting a lot and playing around with varying intensities of light as you probably might have seen here.  A few weeks ago I came home from work and I stepped out to my porch to see the sun illuminating my Gentle Hermione English garden rose.  It looked magical and I had to capture it.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to see the difference in quality from the two different cameras (I still consider myself a novice that is desperately learning at every chance I can get) but I definitely feel like I am more in control when I am using it. Anyways, here are some of the photographs that captured this fleeting moment.  



*Photgraphs by Alison

6 comments:

  1. beautiful!! A new camera is in my wishlist for 2014!! I have so many projects...COngrats on the new camera....I have the Nikon D 5100....I wonder how it differs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love the photos!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could take beautiful pictures like this! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Your photos are always amazing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gorgeous! I love these photos - totally frame worthy! I'm in the market to buy a new camera after Christmas, so I might have to ask for your tips! xx

    ReplyDelete