Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles


Oftentimes it is when you combine very few ingredients that are high quality that is when true magic unfolds.  This is definitely the case for the chocolate truffle, which combines the best quality chocolate with heavy whipping cream to form a rich ball of cocoa goodness.  Continue for recipe...


Ingredients
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped

Directions
Chop chocolate chips into smalll pieces and place inside heat-proof bowl. Bring heavy cream to simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes.  After 5 minutes whisk chocolate and cream mixture and add vanilla extract.  Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees, add hazelnuts to baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes.  Once cooled place into food processor to chop.  On ganache dough has chilled use melon scoop to form small balls. Roll in toasted hazelnuts and store in the refrigerator or allow to set at room temperature if serving.  

Packaging
I love adding some sort of sweet confection to a store bought gift. Here I decorated favor boxes with festive gift tags and bakers twine from one of my favorite Etsy shops, Todo Papel.  

*Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart


*All photographs by Alison 

12 comments:

  1. Congrats Alison, you are so good on sweets! I'd love to taste them!^^ Pin the pic! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect holiday treat! I will have to make these for my family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god. These look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious and I love the way you packaged them! xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect post and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look incredible yummy :)

    X, Annie
    P.S. youre welcome to check on my current christmas giveaway on www.anniewear.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truffles are my absolutely favorite. What a dreamy combo!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look super delicious and I love the paper bags! fabulous:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  9. SEriously these make me wish I was good in the kitchen.... I am lacking in the area (Poor husband) but these make me what to seriously get working on those skills, they look beautiful!

    Mal
    www.agirlskindoftherapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alison!!

    Followed you here from the Glossy Life- I loved that cookie recipe!! You seem like an amazing and talented blogger and baker. Following you now!! :-)

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! thanks for such yam post :)

    ReplyDelete