Sunday, April 29, 2012

Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins

 Happy Sunday! I hope that everyone is having a relaxing weekend, while the weather is still a bit finicky here in New York, I am still in complete spring mode.  I am happy because berry season has begun -  my favorite fruit season. It begins with strawberries and then leads into raspberries and blueberries.  To warmly welcome this fruitful season, I thought I would share a recipe that I recently whipped up for Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins that I served at brunch last weekend.  I rarely eat muffins, but when I do, I prefer them to be healthy, while not sacrificing flavor.  These muffins proved to be moist and fluffy, while the sweet strawberries added a burst of natural sweetness.    
 
A Few Things: I always like to taste the fruit that I am baking with, especially if it is seasonal - the sweetness of the strawberries allowed for me to add a little less sugar into the batter.  In order to finish the muffins off, I decided to roll the tops in melted butter and then I combined cinnamon and sugar and rolled them into the mixture before serving.  You could definitely substitute strawberries for blueberries, peaches, rhubarb, or raspberries and I am sure the outcome would be just as delicious. 



*Photographs by Alison


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful presentation as always!!

    ps. featuring this post on my 'Weekend Reads' of this Friday.

    natalie
    http:streetandsuch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalie! That is so nice of you! You just made my Sunday:)

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy. I want to try out that recipe. I made a lemon cake today :)

    http://thechicmuse000.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that muffins are look so cute <3
    love it ! hope that I can eat them *Q*

    come and see my blog if you have time,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...these look sooo good! I want to make these ASAP! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. waow.. so beautiful and looks yummy

    kuti
    http://ishootstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good


    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete