Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lemon Curd Tarts

I have been itching to make lemon curd for some time now and here is why: first, Meyer lemons are still in season (I have already shared my love for them here) and second, this pudding-like filling is just so pretty and versatile.  It can be layered over a stack of pancakes, drizzled atop a scone or ice cream, or it can be made into these pretty little tarts that were inspired by the patisseries in Paris that I used to frequent on the Boulevard Saint-Germain. 
These tarts are incredibly easy to make.  I used Martha Stewart's pate brisse recipe.  I cut out round pieces of the dough and placed them in petite tart tins.  Once cooled, I placed a dollop of the lemon curd in the shell and finished it off with a plump, ripe red raspberry.  The result? A tart and intensely citrus treat with a filling that is similar to lemon meringue pie.  



6 comments:

  1. Yum they look sooo good, well done!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look amazing! The colors are also so beautiful and vibrant for spring!

    http://redasscarlett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally going to pin these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments! It means so much:)

    xoxo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were amazing, I was lucky enough to taste them...great job A!

    ReplyDelete