Monday, November 14, 2011

Places to Go: Frankies Spuntino and The Chocolate Room


(The wait is over, welcome to Frankies)
 (A fall cocktail)
 (Cremini Mushroom with Truffle Oil Crostini)
 (Sweet Potato Ravioli with Sage and Parmesan Broth)

On to the Chocolate Room
(A brownie sundae with homemade vanilla ice cream, a warm brownie and fresh whipped cream)

My good friend Nuria and I have a tradition of taking each other out to dinner on our birthdays.  I have been wanting to try Frankies Spuntino, which is right around the corner from where I live.  A few years back, I discovered their olive oil at Whole Foods and have been dying to eat at their restaurant ever since; the only problem is that the wait is incredibly long (especially Thursday - Saturday) and they don't take reservations.  The trick we discovered was to dine early, we arrived at around 4 p.m.  We sipped on fall inspired cocktails, munched on crostini - I had the Cremini Mushroom with Truffle Oil (anything, anything with truffles - I will gladly eat, until I am bursting from the seams) and for my main course I had the Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage and Parmesan Broth.  The food was absolutely delicious, just what I had hoped.  


For dessert, we walked up Court Street to The Chocolate Room. When I close my eyes and hear the words 'chocolate room', I imagine a tiny cottage that is supported by four walls of pure dark chocolate.  Well, The Chocolate Room restaurant is almost that, except you know, without the walls constructed of cocoa.  I decided to have the Brownie Sundae, and boy, did I choose well.  The thick, warm and chewy brownie was perfectly accompanied by a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and topped off with a cherry and chocolate shavings.  It was knee-buckling good.  Thanks again to Nuria for such an amazing dinner and dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment