Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Simple and Delicious

(The essentials)
(Before the roast)
(Goldened to perfection)
(The great mix)
(The beautiful finish)

A nice pairing to the rain boots and stylish trenches is food that will warm you from the inside out, especially when it is damp outside and the central air is still being blasted indoors where ever you go.  My menus for the colder months are pretty much dominated by various (healthy) soups.  I make it in a huge pot and eat it later in the week for lunch or dinner.   

Yesterday as the rain was pouring down, I tried this recipe – roasted cauliflower, leek and garlic soup.  It was an incredibly tasty mélange of three of my favorite flavors. My new-found obsession might just be roasting garlic, which I had never attempted before.  I learned that the flavor gets much more subdued when roasted allowing for a perfect complement to the cauliflower and leaks.  This is definitely a healthy soup that I will be making again once the snow begins to fall.  

A few things: I used a fairly large cauliflower head and the whites of 3 leeks, so I ended up adding 2 cans of chicken broth to get the soup to the consistency that I preferred.  If you want it more soupy, add 4 cans, but if you want it with less liquid,  just reduce the amount of broth that is poured into the food processor, than pulse until it is perfect for you. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment